Tuesday, July 17, 2012

So, you were wondering

Why I mentioned Tigger's love of water, morning toilette, and the catchers-mitt style paws, eh?

As I mentioned earlier, my boys and I had a morning routine which pretty much involved making me as late to work keeping mom at home as long as possible!
Now, there were many ways to do this including just plain being cute - which, of course, they were masters of. 

But the very BEST way was to wait until I was brushing my teeth - which was the LAST thing that I did before leaving for work. This meant that the toilette was totally complete - the hair was perfectly styled, the make-up on perfectly, glasses completely spotless, suit or dress immaculate..... get the picture? 

At the brush-the-teeth point, 1/2 of the Inspection Committee gave up the ghost. Cuddles would jump down off the vanity and begin to hunt for the perfect 'nap spot'. Tigger did not move. Well...ok, he did not go searching for 'nap spot'. He did move...
The process for brushing ones teeth usually involved leaving the water (cold) running for the purpose of rinsing. Now, in order to ensure that one does not drool on ones perfectly-made-up chin, one must put ones face down into the bowl of the sink - fairly close to aforementioned running water.... close enough for cat-with-catchers-mitts-for-paws to put one very carefully placed paw underneath the spigot in such a manner that THE WATER SPRAYED THE ENTIRE BATHROOM SOAKING EVERYTHING IN A 5 FOOT RADIUS. This, of course, included me. 
Forcing a completely new toilette and outfit..........
And 45 minutes more of Mom's company..
Ah......... the sweet smell of success!


1 comment:

Seeking Serenity said...

Owen LOVED all water and mud. He would be in any of it pretty far up his legs-silly coon he was :)